Friday 5 July 2013

Sweeney Todd | Friday Films

Hey there :)

As promised, I'm doing a weekly look book based on a character from whatever film I choose that week and this week I chose on of my favourite films, Sweeney Todd. I'm a massive fan of Tim Burtons work, he has an interesting way of contrasting sinister imagery with comedy and yet still making it suitable watching for the whole family. If you're looking for a quirky makeup look, you can always rely on his films for insperation, and Mrs Lovett certainly inspired me...

*note: to make this look more wearable, simply use your usual base and take some blush up the cheekbone.*

 


Get The Look

STEP 1: Base - Starting with the Jemma Kidd Concealer Duo, I took the lightest shade and concealed any spots/blemishes, but did NOT conceal under the eyes as the natural skin tone adds to the tired, dead look. To get Lovetts ghostly complexion I used a white Stargazer liquid foundation and buffed it in using a Real Techniques Buffing brush.

 

STEP 2: Eyes - After roughly filling in the brows with Sleeks Bark and Noir, I applied a base coat of a dark, redy, brown cream eyeshadow by Colour Workshop all over the lid and around the eye. Using bark, I softly blended it through the crease, half way over the lid and the under lash line. Next I took noir and using an angled brush, I dragged the product across the lash line (both top and bottom) to create more depth. Lastly, I finished the eye with a couple of coats of Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (both top and bottom).

 

STEP 3: Contour - To get Lovetts gaunt look I took Bark and Cappuccino by Sleek, and on the Real Techniques Contour brush, I applied it to the hollows of the cheek, on the temple, around the jaw line, down the nose and down the neck slightly.

 

STEP 4: Lips - Going back in with the Stargazer foundation and the Buffing brush, I lightly brushed the product over the lips and then finished off with a coat of Chapstick.

 

 

 

Dress Like Lovett

1. Top - £22, River Island

2. Skirt - £13, H&M

3. Shoes - £39, Dorothy Perkins

4. Necklace - £12, etsy.com

 

 

 

I hope you all enjoyed that, I know I did :)

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment