Saturday 6 July 2013

Green Tea | Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

If you read my June Favourites, you'll notice I have a bit of a thing for this nail polish, in fact I'm so obsessed that I feel it requires it's own post. For ages I'd been searching for the perfect mint polish and then at the beginning of June I discovered this little gem...

As you can see from above^, the mint shade is muted down by bluey grey undertones, making it a subtle, sophisticated, summer shade that doesn't draw too much attention (perfect for people who like to make a quiet statement). The colour pay off is excellent for a drugstore brand, you only need to use two coats to get the depth in the image above^, and as it's designed to be 5 products in one (base coat, strengthener, grow treatment, colour and topcoat) you can cut out all the faffing around and apply straight onto clean, dry nails and you're left with a perfect, salon, shine finish. Even though it doesn't require a topcoat, I do like to go over it with one just to give it a bit more staying power and make it slightly more chip resistant.

What I love the most about this product is the flat, spade like, double brush which covers the entire surface of the nail in one, quick, even stroke. I love these applicators, they make applying the product easier, quicker and leave you with a more professional finish...and they prevent you from using too much product, meaning the bottles going to last a lot longer (perfect!). Saying that, though, it comes in quite a hefty size...

Now, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the packaging, I love the glass bottle and the amount of product you get, but I find the size of the lid a little out of proportion and the rubber band around the bottom of it is kinda unattractive. Apart from that, it's a brilliant product and I would go as far to say it's better than the Essie polishes (and I LOVE Essie), it's a LOT cheaper and the quality is just as good. There's 36 gorgeous shades in the collection (most of which I'll be purchasing), so there's a perfect colour for everyone and I would strongly recommend checking them out.

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment