Friday 28 June 2013

Down The Rabbit Hole | Friday Films

Hey everyone :)

This week I've been trying to think of something new and interesting that I can post on a regular basis and I came up with this... The idea is simple, every Friday I post a kinda look book based on a character from the film I've chosen that week. To start us off, i've chosen one of my all time favourites, Alice In Wonderland (inspires by the original, NOT the new one). There are many wonderfully weird characters I could have chosen, but like every girl, I wanted to be Alice...enjoy!

 
 


Product List

Benefit That Gal Primer

Lumi Magique Foundation, Rose Pearl

Collection 2000 Lasting perfection

Bourjois Smokey Eyes, 07 Bleu Rock

MUA Heaven & Earth Palette, lightest shade

Sleek Au Naturel Palette, Nubuck

Benefit Bella Bamba Blush

Benefit Dandelion Highlighter

Sleek Contour Kit (highlighter only)

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner, Nude

Nivea Pearly Shine

After applying primer, foundation and concealer, these are the following steps...

1. Sweep the MUA shade all over the lid and then add the lightest blue (from smokey eye kit) 3/4 over the lid, through the crease and blended outwards. Once applies, go over the blue with Nubuck to tone the blue down slightly.

2. Using the darker blue (from the Bourjois palette) and a liner brush, gently blend close to the lash on the top and 3/4 of the way under the eye. You can then add mascara on both top and bottom lashes and run the nude kohl on the bottom waterline.

3. Take blush brush/contour brush (the one I used was the Contour brush by Real Techniques) and blend the blush from the apple of the cheek and dragged upwards following the shape of the cheek bone.

4. Using the same brush, take the Dandelion highlighter and apply on the apples and high points of the cheek bones. You can then take the highlighter from the Sleek Contour Kit and apply it down the nose, on the arches of the brows, on the Cupid's bow and on the chin.

5. Using the Nivea Pearly Shine, apply all over the lips and blend around the edges with a lip brush/finger.

 

 

The Finished Look

 

 

Dress Like Alice

1. Oasis, £60

2. Dorothy Perkins, £38

3. oliverbones.com, £8

4. etsy.com, £3.91

 

 

I hope you enjoyed that, It was lots of fun for me to do :) Tell me what you think of this idea and maybe you could suggest some films and characters for me to feature...

 

Thanks for reading x

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post!
    Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog
    Followed you in bloglovin,
    follow back
    xoxo

    www.jasminesque.com

    ReplyDelete