Wednesday 1 May 2013

S/S Favourites | Face

Ok, We're at the half way point in the S/S Favourites series and today is all about the face...enjoy!!
 

 

 

Mac Studio Fix Foundation

 

I love wearing powdered foundation in the summer as it's light and doesn't grease like a liquid one would, and this one has to be the bext I've ever used!! It has quite a heavy coverage, yet it's extremely lightweight so you don't really notice you're wearing it...it's also great for building up, so you can wear as much or as little as you want. If you chose to, you could even use it to set foundation and create a really gorgeous, flawless, matte finish. I would also like to mention that it smells really good!...If you're thinking about getting it, definitely go for it!!

 

 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

 

Ok, so I have some serious apolozing to do regarding this product...not all that long ago I reviewed this in a haul post, and lets just say, I wasn't exactly easy on it...however, after spending a bit more time together, we've grown a relationship of pure love.

When I first tried out this one, it didn't really give me much of a coverage and it didn't really blend into the skin as well as I had expected, but then I teamed it up with the Blender brush from Real Techniques... Using it allowed me to buff the product it, which left the skin with a gorgeous, your skin but better, look. It also helped the product to be more buildable, so getting the coverage I was looking for wasn't an issue... Though, the main reason why it's a S/S favourite is because it's extremely lightweight, so you don't get that annoying itchy feeling like you do with some other liquid foundations out there...it's also got great staying power, and doesn't seem to sweat/melt off, perfect for those sunny days!

 

 

Rimmel Natural Bronzer, 002

 

As you can probably guess from the image above^, this is a product that has been well loved, and when it comes to this time of year, it see's a LOT of wear...

As you already know, I'm a person who's extremely pale (and never tans), so I want something that's going to tan my face up, without looking over the top...this is perfect for that... The great thing about it is that you only need to use a small amount of product (so it lasts a long time...perfect!), I usually swirl a largish brush around the pan once, tap off any access, and then apply it to the face. As it's a matte product, you're not limited to just the cheeks, you can apply it anywhere that would normally get hit by the sun...you can also double it up as a contour, but don't use too much as it is, of course, orange pigmented.

 

 

Benefit Sunbeam & Eyecon

 

I've had these little samples for quite a while now, and they're still going strong!! When they do eventually run out, I definitely will be investing in the full size, and I'll tell you why...



Sunbeam

When I first saw this, I thought there was no way I would be able to make this work, but, amazingly, I did... It's a gorgeous light, goldy bronze with gold glitter particles, which would look gorgeous on those blessed with a darker/olive skin tone, so you can see why I had my doubts... I found, however, that dabbing just a tiny bit on the cheek bones (on top of a blush), gave my skin a lovely, healthy glow and injected a much needed colour boost to my pasty old skin...



Eyecon

I'm all about brighter eyes, so when I saw this, I was all over it... It's a clear, gel like liquid (not what I expected), which when applied, instantly lifts and brightens the eye. You can wear it on it's own for a quick and easy boost or as part of your makeup routine...under concealers and foundation, it looks just as bright but gives you a more healthy glowing look. I wouldn't, however, apply over foundation/concealer as it's quite watery so it'll take off anything it touches... Definitely try it if you're looking for brighten eyes!

 

 


MaxFactor Mastertouch Under-eye Concealer, Fair

I've mentioned this product before in a previous post, so I wont go into too much detail... I LOVE this product!! It's one of those ones you'll have in your collection at all times, and here's why... Once applied, you it instantly brightens the eye and reduces the appearance of any dark areas (perfect!). It's also really moisturizing so it's perfect for dry skin as it doesn't leave you with any cakey bits like others may do (perfect!). If you wanted, you could wear it on it's own if you're feeling a bit lazy but want to brighten/hide dark circles...I highly reccomend it!

 

 

Maybelline Dream Lumitouch Concealer

In the warmer months, I like my skin to have a a nice glow to it, and this product is certainly great for that... It's great for applying before foundation (on any areas which are naturally hit by the light), as it gives you a kinda 'lit from within' look, which I love! You can also wear it on it's own for those days when you can't be bothered but you feel in need of a boost... Definitely a summer must have!!

 
 


No.7 Coral Flush

Like the Rimmel bronzer mentioned earlier, I've had a very happy relationship with this beauty for about 4 years, and I still love everything about it!!... The great thing about it is that it's the exact same colour on the cheek as it does in the pan, it's a gorgeous rosey, matte, coral, which looks amazing on the apple of the cheek, especially on people with fairer skin (great for that doll like look). It also has an amazing colour pay off, you only need a small amount (one swirl of the pan), too much and you risk looking like a clown... I would also like to say it lasts you forever! I've had this one for a few years now and it's still going strong!!



Sleek Rose Gold

 

Another product I've talked about before, so I wont go on... As you know by now, it's a beautiful darkis rose colour with loads of little gold glitter particles, which when hit by the light, gives you a gorgeous 'godess' like shimmer. As it has so much shimmer, I wouldn't reccomend applying it to apples, but on the cheekbone it looks amazing, especially on those with a darker skin tone.

 


Dream Mousse 02 Coral

 

On those warmer days, I love to use a cream/mousse blush, and this one is definitely a favourite... It's a gorgeous orange, matte, coral, which is a great for getting a really natural bronzed look (which is perfect if you're as pale as me!). Like the other two above^, you only need a small amount as the colour pay off is amazing (and you don't want to look like an umpa lumpa...)!! You can also use it on those days when can't be bothered with makeup but you want a colour (perfect teamed up with the Lumitouch Concealer for layed back days)...definitely a must have!!

 

 

That's it for my face favourites, the next posts will be my S/S fashion favourites, so be sure to keep ya eye out! Please leave a comment telling me some of your favourites and we'll have a little chat :)

 

Thanks for Reading x

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment