Sunday 26 May 2013

Colours of the Rainbow TAG | Blogger Style

Hi, everyone!! So, after watching essiebutton's recent YouTube video, Colours of the Rainbow Tag, I thought it might be kinda cool to have a go at it myself... At first I thought it would be hard choosing/finding products, but actually, I found myself with an overload of products, and here's the ones that made the cut...
 



Red

Elizabeth Arden

It kinda felt a bit too easy to pick a lipstick for this one, plus the fact it's probably the most chosen by people doing the tag, soo...I decided to be a little different and choose the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. I LOVE this product. Every time I'm going to apply makeup, I apply it on areas that are especially flakey i.e. around the nose, inner corners of the eyes, dry spots...etc. It allows me to create a smooth, flawless base everytime and it's definitely become a holy grail product!

 


Orange
Real Techniques The Core Collection by Samantha Chapman
Everybody and their grandmothers dog use these brushes, and I am firmly on the band wagon!! Created by Samantha Chapman, professional makeup artist, and one half of the YouTube sensation Pixiwoo, these are by far the best makeup brushes I have EVER used. They're made from nylon and glide onto the skin beautifully soft, and they don't irritate the skin, which you get with the more harder/wirey brushes. The 'Core Collection' is made up of four great brushes; Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush and, my favourite, Detailer Brush. They're the perfect brushes for creating a flawless look every time, and they're amazing value for money!!


Yellow
Duck Island Mandarin & Bergamot Moisturizer
I mentioned this one in my S/S Favourites | Body post, so I won't go into too much detail... Basically, it's the best smelling (lemon curd like), skin softening moisturizer you could imagine. It hydrates the skin beautifully, and keeps moisture packed in for hours!! The only downfall to this product is it's consitancy, unlike normal creamy moisturizers, it's extremely watery, so you have to be careful as it's easily spilt.


Green
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the poor quality of the image (it's a long story), but bare with me... When it comes to cleansers, my skin is quite the fuss pot, so it's rare for me to find a cleanser that isn't going to cause me break out or leave me feeling dry and flakey, but this is a god send... You only need to use a small amount (about a pea size) for the entire face and it leaves you with beautifully soft, smooth, flake free skin... Another great thing about this is that it smells AMAZING!! It's like a spa in a bottle, pure luxury!


Blue
Essie Bikini To Teeny
Ok, so I mentioned this one in my S/S Favourites | Nails post, so you can tell how much I love this product... To begin with, it's by Essie (which is my favourite nail brand), so the quality is amazing, lasts for days and dries extremely quickly, so I don't have to wait around for it to try (I HATE that!)... It's a gorgeous light, dark pastely blue, which has subtle flecks of shimmer, which when hit by certain lighting gives off a lovely, discreet sparkle.


Indigo
GOSH Eyeliner, Majestic Sea
Ok, so this was just about the only Indigo product I use, but, it is a good one... I don't really wear this too often as I tend to air toward the more natural colours, but it's great for when I'm feeling a bit more dramatic or just messing around with makeup. It's a highly pigmented greeny/navy/indigoy colour, which has almost undetectable glitter pigments, which when under the right lighting, give off a beautiful, subtle shimmer. You can either wear it as a normal liner, or you can use it to create a gorgeous smokey eye. As it's quite a soft texture, you can easily smudge the product around with your finger/brush, though you have to work quite fast as once it's set, it's un-moveable. As it has such amazing staying power, you can wear it all day without it creasing/smudging, but it does take some getting off so your best bet is to use an oil based makeup remover or some baby oil on a cotton pad.


Violet
Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara
For many years now I've been a fan of this product, and my love for it is still going strong. For those of you who read my blog, you'll notice I tend to lean toward the more natural looks and that I'm a fan of big, bright eyes, and this mascara is great for that... The wand is made up of three similar sized balls, which evenly volumize the lashes and curls them beautifully (like a cow), without leaving any clumps or looking un-natural...definitely one to try!


Pink
Sleek Rose Gold Blusher

As many of you might know, I LOVE this blush, so when it came to the colour pink, I couldn't not pick this... It's a lovely darkish rose gold, which has gold glitter particles, which gives the skin a stunning bronzed, summer glow. Because of this, it's best to avoid applying it on the apples of the cheek, but looks gorgeous blended up the cheek bone, especially on those lucky enough to have a darker/olive skin tone. Another thing is that's it's highly pigmented, so be careful not to pack on too much product as a time...



Multi Coloured
Chapstick Posh Lips Kit

This was probably the hardest, I pondered for hours trying to think what I could use and then I remembered this... I love lip balm, I make a point of having a tube in every room of the house so I don't have to search around when I'm in need, so this was the perfect stocking filler. It's basically just three different flavoured chapsticks, strawberry, cherry and apple, which come in this cute, mutlicoloured, 1960's style tin, which can be used to store pills or lipstick when you're travelling when you're finished with the balms. Definitely one of the cutest gifts I got last year...

 

 

Ok, so that's my blog version of the 'Colours of the Rainbow' tag... I hope you enjoyed it and I tag all of you out there to give it a go :)

 

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment