Sunday 14 April 2013

Mini Makeup Haul | eBay

So, about once a month, I have a bit of an ebay splash getting all the things I need/want for a fraction of their usual price... I always have a browse at the makeup section to see if anything takes my fancy...this months choice is a few oldie but goodies and a couple of new things...enjoy!!

 

 
Boujois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - Yes, I know, you're probably all sick of hearing about this product as it's EVERYWHERE, but, after reading/hearing so many good things about it, I thought I should give it a try... Now, I've only used it twice so far, but, I don't particularly think it's worth all the hype... Firstly, It made my skin feel really irritable and left me with red patches scattered about (not a good look!), secondly, the coverage was virtually non existant on me, and thirdly, considering it's meant to be great for people with dry skin, I felt like it kinda clung to every flake... Now, I will try some more with this one, but so far it's not looking good...
 
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush, 02 Coral - This is the first time I've tried these, and I have to say, I absolutely LOVE them!!... They have a lovely fluffy texture (much like the Dream Matte Mousse Foundation), which blends into the skin beautifully, leaving you a lovely, soft, matte finish... The colour is gorgeous!! it's a pinky orange shade (almost salmony), which gives the cheek a subtle pop of colour... I can see myself getting a lot of use outta this one this S/S...
 
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer ,1 Fair - Now, you all now how much I love this concealer, so I wont go into detail...but, as I can't live without it, I HAD to pick up another, just in case something happened to the one I already have...best to be safe than sorry!
 
Lo'Real Lumi Magique Base Primer - Now, I love the Lumi Magique foundation, so this was something I was very interested in trying and I have to say, I was very impressed... Unlike other primers I've tried, the formula is kinda watery, which I thought was kinda weird, but it glides onto the skin beautifully (almost like a cleanser) and doesn't change the texture of the skin, it's literally just like a better looking second skin...it gives you a gorgeous, healthy glow (almost as lit from within), which can be built up to highlight certain areas... It really is a beautiful product, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants that extra boost...
 
MUA Heaven & Earth Palette - I LOVE my nutrals (as you probably already know), so I always find myself gravitating towards them kinda shades...I also love a palette, so this is right up my street!
Now, I have the Undress Me Too palette of theirs, but I have never tried this one (unbelievable, I know!), so I thought I would give it a go... Oh my, I'm in love!... All 12 colours are glittery, which I love because they widen and brighten the eye more than a matte shade would... I also love the fact that every colour works well together, so you can mix and match till your hearts content!...I will definitely be getting my moneys worth outta this bad boy!
 
(left) Maybelline Colorsensational, Coral Tunic (right) Lo'Real Caresse, Dating Coral
(left) Lo'Real Caresse, Dating Coral (right) Maybelline Colorsensational, Coral Tunic

As Summer's approaching (and we're already in spring, apparently), I thought I would hop on the band wagon and give some coral shades a go, and these were the ones I chose...
 
Maybelline Colorsensational, 422 Coral Tunic - This was a kinda brave move for me (as you know I don't really wear too many brights), but I'm happy with my decision... To begin with, I just adore the colour!! It's a gorgeous redy coral, which is the perfect Summer colour...it's also extremely moisturizing (which I love!)...the only thing I don't like about this product is the smell...it smells like coconut (which I hate), but that aside, I LOVE this lipstick!!
 
Lo'Real Caresse, 301 Dating Coral - In my last post, I ranted on about how amazing the Caresse lipsticks are, and guess what, I only went and got another... Now, I'm going to say something I never thought I would...in my last post, I compared the them to the Revlon Lip Butters, and well, I can now tell you that I think prefer the Caresse ones to the Lip Butters...they're almost identical, but the colour pay off is a little stronger than the Lip Butters, and, although the range isn't as big, the colours are nicer...anyway, enough of that, lets talk about the colour... It's a beautiful orange coral (which almost looks like the Lip Butters Peach Parfait, but matter...), which, if you're a newbie to corals (like me), is perfect for easing you in...and it's perfect for S/S to make a subtle statement...definitely give it a go!
 
 
That's everything for today, I would love to hear what you've bought recently, so comment bellow :)
Thanks for reading x
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment