Friday 19 April 2013

S/S Favourites | Lip Products

Finally, after all that waiting, Spring has finally arrived!! In celebration, I've decided to do a kinda mini series on my favourite products for this time of year... at some point I may include a post on some of my favourite fashion pieces, but for now, lets talk about lips...

Rimmel Colour Show Off, 010 Pink Excess - I've been in love with this lipstick for about 3/4 years now, and our relationship is still going strong!... It's a beautiful rosey pink, which makes an otherwise dull look, instantly brighter and makes you look 'done'... It's has a matte finish, which lasts all day with little movement (always a winner!), so there's no obsessing over whether it's still there or not, which is great for busy days... I would certainly give it a try!

 

Maybelline Colorsensational, Coral Tonic - These are pretty new to me, but I already love them!! They're really moisturizing (which is always a winner) and the colour is amazing! It's a classic bright, red coral, which suits every skin tone, so it's a great all rounder...it's perfect for those days when you can't be bothered but you want to make a statement... Definitely reccomend it to anyone on the coral hunt...

 

 

Revlon Lip Butter, Raspberry Pie - It's no secret that I'm a little bit obsessed with the Lip Butters, and I've told you a thousand times why, so I wont go into too much detail, let's talk about the colour...
WOW, I love this colour!! It's a gorgeous purple toned pink, which, unlike the others I've mentioned, doesn't have and sparkly bits... Like the Maybelline one (above ^), it's great for anyone who's brave enough to rock a statement lip...definitely one to try!
 
NYC Lip Stain 16H, 497 Rock On Ruby - I've never really been one for lipstains, the idea of using a felt tip on my lips has always kinda scared me, but, I thought I would give it a go, and I ended up with this one...
Admittedly, I was attracted by the price (under £2...), I thought if I was gonna give them a go, I didn't wanna waste my money on something I didn't like, but, I was pleasently suprised... To start off, it smells really good, it's like a fruity scent (like the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer), which I love!! The colour is a kinda typical orangey red, which blends out beautifully (but you have to work fast, otherwise it'll set...), so you can really work it into the lip and make sure the colours even throughout. It sinks into every crack of the lip, so I like to apply a coat of lip balm on top to give it a smoother finish, and it stays in place all day, so you don't have to worry about topping it up...I'm a huge fan, and I'll definitely be trying some more out!
 
 
17 Lip Liner, Valentine - To start with, I love the name of this colour, it's so cute!! Secondly, the colour is amazing!! It's a really gorgeous purpley pink, which has a matte finish and great colour pay off. Even though it's a lip liner, I apply it over the entire lip and it stays in place all day with no movement at all...amazing!! For anyone who's looking for a dark rose shade that's gonna last all day, this beauty is one to try.
 
Lo'Real Caresse - By now, you'll know how much I love these bad boys...they're amazing!! I won't go into too much detail as I've reviewed them so much recently, so we'll just dive right into the colours...
 
301 Dating Coral - Now, this shade reminds me ALOT of the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait, except with less sparkle and more colour intensity...it's just a gorgeous peachy coral that's pefect for when the sun's shining...it would also look amazing teamed up with a nice gold eyeshadow for a kinda summer godess look. You could also use it as a blusher, dab a little on the finger tips and blend onto the cheek, and you got yourself a really pretty coral flush.
 
202 Impulsive Fushia - This is one for those days when the sun's maybe not so bright, but you want to inject a pop of colour...it's a very purple toned pink with a blue undertone, which, on those with a super fair skin tone, it may make them look a little washed out, so I perhaps wouldn't reccomend it... but, it looks amazing with a bit of a tan or a touch of the old bronzer... If your thinking about getting it, I would definitely go for it!!
 
 
Ok, so, that's my favourite S/S Lip Products...I'm not too sure what my next post in the series will be, but be sure to keep an eye out for it.
Thanks for reading, and don't be scared to leave a comment bellow telling me what you're favourite lip products are for this time of year... :) x
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment