Monday 8 April 2013

Current Makeup Essentials | Lips

Revlon Lip Butters


I LOVE the Revlon Lip Butters!! I think I use them more than anything else in my lipstick collection, and there's a very good reason why... I love injecting a pop of colour to my look, but I hate having to keep checking if my lipsticks smudged or if it's left me with just an outline...this is why these little gems are so perfect... They're super moisturizing and have the same colour intensity of a normal lipstick when built up... For me, they're the biggest makeup bag...they come in a whole range of shades, but these two are normally the ones I reach for the most...

 

Peach Parfait

I love this colour, it's kinda a peachy, rosey colour (kinda the shade of my natural lip colour) with tiny pieces of gold glitter, which makes the lips shine beauty (almost asif is were a lipgloss). It's perfect for creating a natural look with that added sparkle, and who doesn't want a sparkle, right? Also...

I don't know about you, but this shade kinda reminds me of the Sleek blush Rose Gold, so they're the perfect combo... Definitely a shade to try out.

 

Berry Smoothie

This colour is absolutely gorgeous! It's a kinda raspberry shade which is perfect for adding a bit of colour to your look, but without being too in your face... like Peach Parfait, it too has teeny pieces of glitter, but instead of being gold, it's a slightly lighter raspberry shade, so it gives a nice shine to the lip, without being detectible...

This is definitely the perfect shade for anyone who wants to add a little something, but is too scared to go with a super bright, statement lipstick...in fact, even if you do like a bright lipstick, I would still urge you to buy it...

 
Lo'Real Caresse - 202 Impulsive Fushia

Now, these are a LOT like the Revlon Lip Butters...they're extremely moisturizing, like the butters, and they have exactly the same colour intensity...in fact, the only difference between them is the packaging... I do love the packaging of the lip butters, but, I love these even more... In my opinion, the packaging makes the product look like it's highend not highstreet...in fact, at first, I didn't believe it was a Lo'Real product...you also get a little bit more product than with the lip butters (which is always a bonus!)...

Now, let's discuss the colour... I decided I needed a nice pink shade for S/S, so I chose this beauty... It's a gorgeous bluey pink, which, like the butters, has glitter particles...these, however, are a lovely licacy shade, which when caught in the light, give off a really gorgeous shimmer... It is great for people who are new to bright colours, but want to give it a try as you can control the intensity and gradually build up to something your comfortable with... If you love the butters, you'll love these!

 

As you have probably guessed, I like to keep my lips as moisturized as I posibily can. This is due to the fact that I absolutely HATE it when I have the slightest dry lip, I find it extremely uncomfortable, and in some cases, painful...

I hope you enjoyed my little mini series of essentials...I would love to hear yours so comment bellow :)

Thanks for reading x

 

4 comments:

  1. love your blog, going to follow after im done writing this comment :)

    thanks for comments on my post.

    xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    PS. DOING A MAC GIVEAWAY WHEN I REACH 200 FOLLOWERS :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you =) and no problem, I loved that brush! I hate having knots, I'm like a dog when it's fur gets all matted...

    I'm already a follower of yours :) I love it =D and a MAC giveaway sounds amazing!! I think I'll have to spread the word:)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last color is amazing.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    LOvely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc???
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete