Friday 5 April 2013

I Don't Care If It's Not Cool | Knitting


When people hear the word 'knitting' they automatically think of a little old dear on a rocking chair wizzing up a jumper you'll no doubt end up having to wear... For a while, this was what I thought, but recently a love has grown in me, an urge to knit something spectacular (even though I have no idea what I'm doing...) that would impress even the sternest of grandmothers... Knowing this, for Christmas my mother kitted me out with a couple of yarns, a pair of knitting needles and a giant book telling me everything I need to know... Now, a few days ago I started a project on the information in the book (and my mothers wise words, of course), a scalf... I thought I would start with something easy...or so I thought...it seems to be taking FOREVER!! Also, it turns out it's not that easy to stay on track...

This is my second attempt in progress (my first one got eaten by the dog)

 

Yes, I know, this is far off being spectacular, but be fair, I've only just started, and actually, I don't think it's too bad... I promise to share the finished result with you, and every other single step of my knitting adventure...

To tide you over until then, here's a few of my favourite pieces of knitwear around at the moment at the moment (yes I know it's spring, but in Britain, you always need to keep warm...)


Knit Picks

1. Jumper - Miss Selfridge, £20

2. Cushion - Next, £20

3. Hot Water Bottle - notonthehighstreet.com, £40

4. Tea Cosy - notonthehighstreet.com, £20

5. Hair Bow - notonthehighstreet.com, £16

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment