Monday 1 April 2013

Abracadabra! | Dainty Doll Concealer

 

I would like to start by apologising to Dainty Doll for previously slagging off the brand for poor quality, but today, I shall eat my words...

Now, admittidly, I did purchase this item accidentely on e-bay, and with my previous dissapointment with their range of lipsicks, I didn't have high expectations...but, i was pleasently supprised... To begin with, it has a lovely creamy texture, which is really nice for using around the eyes, however, I have an extremely dry nose area and when applying it there, I found it stuck to every little bit making it look super flakey. The same goes for spots, it highlighted every single bit, which considering it claims to camouflage blemishes and imperfections, isn't too good. It also states that it contains she butter to help condition and protect, vitamin E rich in antioxidants and antiinflammatory properties to calm blemishes as well as cover them, non of which I found to be true... Though most of it's claims don't really live up to expectations, it's beautiful for using as an undereye concealer. It's in the second to last lightest shade, Abracadabra (which I think is an awesome name!) which matches my natural skin tone perfectly, so it's great for using on those lazy days when I just want to reduce my dark circles and brighten my eyes. Though, it matches my skin tone perfectly, I find it's too light after I've applied foundation, so I tend to use it before apply any foundation or powders. Another thing is, it doesn't really have a strong enough coverage to hide spots and blemishes, but it does hide dark circles beautifully (which I LOVE!)

So, all in all, I wouldn't reccommend this to anyone looking for a full coverage concealer, but I would reccommend it for those of you looking for a good quality undereye concealer...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment