Friday 29 March 2013

What's With All The Bitchin'?! | Maybelline, The Rocket Mascara Vollum'

So, I've read a lot of reviews of people bitching about this product, and tbh, I can't understand why. I absolutely LOVE this mascara, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

First of all, I HATE it when a mascara ends up dropping under the eye and you're left with little black speckles all over your face, or when it leaves you all panda eyed, but his product doesn't do that. You can wear it all day long, safe in the knowledge that you wont have to keep checking it every five minutes. That's another thing, it's staying power is truly amazing! I swear to god, I forgot to take my make up one evening and it was still in tact (no smudging or anything) when I woke up the next morning!

As you can see from above, this mascara does three jobs in one (and does them well I might add)...lengthens, darkens and seperates. Now, I know a lot of people have been saying that it clumps, or whatever, but in my experience, it does seperate the lashes beautifully. It's also great for building up for extra volume (not that you really need it, one coat is enough)...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another thing I love about this product is the wand... I know it may scare some people, but i find a large wand is far easier to use than the smaller ones out there, mainly because it's quicker to apply, but also, I find it far more effective for creating shape, definition and length. Saying that, I do enjoy using the smaller wand for bottom lashes, but as I tend to only apply it on my upper lashes on a day to day basis, it's bigger the better for me!... I also like the shape of the wand, It kinda tapers in at the front, gets fatter, and then tapers in again, which is great for getting that perfect oval shape.

To sum up, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a lengthening, seperating, longwearing mascara... I know there's still gonna be people who disagree with me, but lets just agree to disagree on this one...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment