Thursday 28 March 2013

Empties

Hello there, everyone! So, today I have some empties for ya... Now, I didn't premeditate this post, I just happened to have these shoved in my bathroom cupboard (yes, it appears I'm extremely lazy!) so I thought I would share my experience and opinions on these products... Let's get cracking!

 

1. Soap & Glory, Hand Food - To begin with, I LOVE that signiture Soap & Glory smell (I think it's called the 'pink scent'...) so this was a real treat...however, I wasn't that impressed by the actual product... Now, I'm not really an expert on the hand cream front, but this didn't exactly wow me... I'm not saying it's a bad product, it just didnt seem to differ from any other hand creams out there...sure, it made my hands smooth for a little while, but it kinda felt like the product was just sitting on the surface instead of soaking in... I dunno, as I say, I'm a total dummy on this subject, I'd love to hear your views on it...

2. Garnier Ambre Solaire - As someone who is ghostly pale, I often feel I need a bitta colour, but I don't want it to look obvious, I just want my skin to look healthy and glowing...this product is perfect for that. It's super easy to use as you just need to spray it on any areas you want to add colour...however, although it says you just need to point and spray, I find it's best to use a tanning mit to blend, otherwise you end up with noticible streaks (not a good look!). Another thing about it is the smell...if you're like me, you'll probably HATE that typical biscuity, burnt tan smell, but this doesn't have that, instead it has a light apricot scent. I would definitely recommend this product, especially to my fellow fair skinned ladies out there.

3. Batiste Dry Shampoo, XXL Volume - Now, there's LOTS of choices of Batiste out there, ones for blondes, brunettes, fruity ones, bouncy ones...you name it, they'll have it, so it's a little trickly for beginners (like I was) to pick one. For me, I knew I wanted a product that would give me a bit of volume, so XXL instantly won me... Now, I don't regret my purchase, but I wasn't that impressed... To start with, it smells horrific! It's a really heavy musky scent, like a musky calone, only stronger...as a result of this, I can't use too much product at one time or i'll get a severe headache! Another thing is, it doesnt actually give you that much volume (even if you do build up the product). I find I need to add loads of back combing to get any kind of volume (which screws up my hair)... On a lighter note, it did do it's job on the shampoo front, which is great because it means I don't have to wash it as much, which equals less damage (score!). All in all though, I don't think I would recommend this particular one, but I would definitely give some of their others a try.

4. Aveda, Rosemary Mint Conditioner - I was given this by my Nan as a gift...she's always giving me random products, usually stuff I would never normally think of to get myself... Usually, I HATE anything mint scented, but this is suprisingly subtle... As a conditioner, I found I needed to use twice the amount I would normally for a conditioner, and even then, I found it left my hair quite dry and straw like. I definitely don't think this product is for me, but perhaps for others it would be just the ticket...

5. Rimmel Sun Shimmer - Now, I think this has to be my all time FAVOURITE fake tan I have tried...unfortunatley, it only lasts 24 hours... It has a slightly darker finish than the Ambre Solaire, but, saying that, it still leaves your skin looking natural with an added radiance (which is caused by tiny bits of glitter in the tan). It's scent is really pleasent, it's like a body lotion and not a fake tan. I would definitely encourage you to get this one!

6. Paul Mitchell Strength Conditioner - Last but not least... I was a bit sad when I ran out of this one, it's such a lovely product and definitely a better conditioner than the Aveda one, you need half the amount and it leaves your hair feeling lovely and silky... It's a brand that's used quite alot in professional salons, so, as you can imagine, it smells like you're in there (which I LOVE). The only down side to this product is that it's not widely availible, if you want to purchase it you have to actually go into your local salon and you should be able to pick it up there. If you can get your hands on it, I would certainly recommend giving it a whirl!

 

Ok, so that's my current empties, if you enjoyed it, let me know and I'll maybe do a few more of these in the future. Thanks for listening x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment