Saturday 6 April 2013

Current Makeup Essentials | Skin

Now, before we start, these products aren't neciserily my all time favourites, they're just the ones I've had in my make up bag and have been using the crap out of (and very much enjoyed)!!

1. MaxFactor Mastertouch Under-eye Concealer, 306 Fair - I always like to use two concealers, one for coverage and one for under-eyes. Now, you don't have to have too, but I prefer it as I find concealers with a good coverage are far too heavy for under the eyes... I also find heavier concealers tend to go cakey around the inside corner, or they'll really highlight my dark circles (not good!)... This concealer is perfect for what I want, it reduces the appearance of any dark circles, it feels lovely and light, and it's perfect for dry skin! I just love it and I'll probably always have this in my collection.
2. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - I never really believed the hype surrounding this product (which is why it's taken me so long to try it), but I was mistaken... I LOVE it!! For me, it really is one of those life changing products... I use it inbetween moisturizer and primer EVERY time I do my make up. I use it on areas of my face that are extremely dry and need a little bit more protection... Before when I'd apply my makeup, I found that no matter what foundations/concealers I would use, nothing could disguise my disgusting flakey bits, but this has cured it! Now I can apply makeup without having to worry...definitely give it a try!!
3. Collection 200 Lasting Perfection Concealer, 1 Fair - This is another hyped up product in the world of beauty, and it really is worth it... I ALWAYS seem to have a random spot somewhere on my face (mainly around the chin area) so I need a concealer with a great coverage that isn't going to move, and for me, this has all of that. However, I do notice it sometimes gets a bit cakey now and then, but apart from that it's a grat product and I would definitely recommend it!
4. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, 081 Fair Ivory - Not in a million years would I of thought I'd be so impressed by this product... I bought it on a whim, and when it arrived I didn't really wanna use it, but I did... I thought, as it matches your natural skin texture, that it would highlight every little dry patch and make me flakey, but I was wrong... It's a creat foundation! It's lovely and buildable, so you can wear it as light or heavy as you want (which is perfect for me!). I wouldn't, however, recommend it to those with overly oily skin, unless you use a mattifying primer first...
5. Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer - Firstly, this product smells horrific! I can't quite describe it, but it isn't good...but, when you get past the smell, it's a great product... It has a jelly/moussey texture which when applied, leaves your skin feeling beautifully soft and smooth. You only need to use about a pea size for the entire face and it's leaves your skin with a lovely healthy glow, which when applied with foundation, gives you that kinda lit from within look... It keeps make up in place all day, so you don't have to worry about checking up on it every five minutes or karting around touch up products... definitely one to try!
6 &7. Sleek Blush, Rose Gold & Sleek Contour Kit, 884 Light - Sleek has to be one of my favourite brands out there, you get amazing quality for such a low price (perfect!), and these two are definitely proof of that... Let's start with the blush...
Rose Gold - This has to be one of the most amazing blushers I have ever seen!! It's a beautiful darkish rose colour with teeny bits of gold glitter particles, which gives the cheek a really gorgeous bronze shimmer... The colour pay off is AMAZING, so be sure to build the colour up slowly as it's easy to over do... This is defitely the perfect shade for Spring/Summer...I know I'll be using the crap outta it anyway...
Contour Kit, 884 Light - Everyone and their dog has this one, and there's a very good reason why... To begin with, it contains a contouring shade (which isn't too orange) and a beautiful highlighter, so it's super handy to throw in your handbag without taking up too much room... Normally, I lean more toward liquid highlighters as I find too many powdered products on my skin type (dry) a bit too much, but this is great, it gives you a really beautiful healthy glowy look without looking too, well, powdery. The contour shade is also great, it isn't too orange or too brown, it's just a lovely in between which allows you to create a natural contour throughout the face... These Kits are availible in shades to suit everyone, so you're bound to find the one for you.
 
OK, so that's it on the skin front...my next post will be my current eye essentials, so be sure to look out for that one! Also, I would love to hear what you've been using recently and how it's worked for you, so leave a comment bellow and we'll have a nice chit chat :)
Thanks for reading x
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment