Tuesday 12 March 2013

Most and Least Favourites This Week #3

Love

Revlon Lip Butter & Collection 2000 Colour Extreme

It's no secret that I'm a little bit in love with the Revlon Lip Butters, they're amazing!! So is Peach Parfait as a colour, but...I've found a new way to wear it... At Christmas, my grandmother gave me a Collection 2000 Colour Extreme lipstick in Brazen. I wasn't sure about it at first, the colour made me look really washed out, but I loved how moisturising it felt (and I love a good bitta moisture...) so I kept trying with it, until finally...I cracked it! Instead of applying it straight from the pan, I used my finger to glide it on, thus making it far more sheer and wearable... All week I've been using this method and finishing it off with a coat of the Revlon Lip Butter. The combination intensifies the glitter particles in the lip butter (which reminds me of the Rose Gold blush by Sleek), beautiful!!


Hate 

Avon Super Curlatious Mascara 


 (yes, I'm aware that it's upside down..oops!)

I have a kina love, hate relationship with this mascara... I got it a few months ago on a mission to find the perfect mascara (a life long mission...) and I think it got one use then got shoved in the back of a draw somewhere, until recently... Now, I'm not saying it's a terrible product, in fact, it's quite nice for kinda natural, understated lashes, but...it doesn't really live up to my expectations... The wand has a dip on one side which is designed to be used on the top side of the top lash, and on the bottom lashes to give them a perfect, round, downward curl. Now, it does it's job on the bottom lashes, but on the top it doesn't really have much impact...The other side of the wand is more traditional and is obviously for under the top lash...but it's rubbish! All it did was make my lashes stick out...not exactly what you want from a mascara. 


Most Used Product Of The Week

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff


 
I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! It has to be my favourite drugstore foundation, but up until this past week, I'd been severely neglecting it, and I can't understand why!... I always tend to use my hands to apply the product as i find using a brush leaves strokes accross my face...using it this way gives you a really nice, natural finish with light/medium coverage, which I love! And it lasts all day!...The one I have is targeted for people with dry/combination skin, but, it doesn't feel like its packed with oils (like others i've had), it just feels like my natural skin, only better... Don't fret, however, it is available for those with oily skin, so there's a Colorstay for everyone!


So, that's all for this week folks...I hope you enjoyed! x
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment