Saturday 15 June 2013

Empties #2

 

 

Lady GaGa Fame Black Fluid Shower Gel


Fame perfume has to be one of my favourite scents at the moment, and when I received it (at Christmas) it came with this, Black Fluid. I didn't really have high hopes for this product as I normally find the body wash in perfume gift sets too heavily scented, which can be overwhelming, but this is amazing! It has a gorgeously light, fruity scent, which makes it smell like what it is rather than trying to be perfume. Another thing I love is the packaging, it's so luxurious and looks stunning perched on the bath side. I will warn you, however, as it's a black fluid, it does stain and make quite a mess so I wouldn't over do the portion size.
 
 
Nails

17 Fast Finish, Lilac Storm - Firstly, the colour of this is gorgeous. It's a lovely pinky lilac with shimmers of pink glitter run through it, a great summer/party shade. The colour pay off is quite good as you only need one coat, but it does take longer than it states (60 seconds) to dry and when it has dried, you're left with a streaky, dull finish. Although the colour is beautiful, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, instead I would look for something with a similar shade and a better finish.
 
Models Own, Purple Grey - I love the Models Own nail polishes, I love the packaging, the pigmentation, the fast drying...everything! I especially love this colour. It's a very dark purple grey, which is a great alternative if you're not into/scared of black nail polish. It's a great all year rounded, especially for a night out...
 
 
Eyes

1. MaxFactor Eye Brightening Tonal Black Volumising Mascara, Black Pearl - Ok, so these mascaras volumise the lashes and contain eye brightening particles, which come in a variety of shades to work with different eye colours. I have Black Pearl, which is intended for brown eyes, not green, but I found it worked brilliantly. My eyes were noticeably brighter and my lashes looked naturally longer and volumised, and there was no clumping of any kind. I'm definitely in love with this mascara and WILL be re-purchasing (but maybe the one for my actual eye colour)!!
 
2. MaxFactor Masterpiece Glide & Define - I've talked about this previously on here but for those of you who don't already know, I LOVE this eyeliner. The applicator is an easy glide on pen, which allows for total grip control to produce the perfect line. Even though it's a felt tip, it doesn't dry up and the colour pay off issurprisingly intense. I will definitely have one of these in my collection at all times!
 
Rimmel Glam'eyes - Firstly, I'm not a big fan of this particular style of liquid liner, I find the applicator impossible to get the precision I want, but it got used up (I hate waste!)... It was ok. The colour pay off isn't that great, I found myself having to layer the product to get the depth I wanted and even then the finish was kinda cracked. It also dries up quickly, so you constantly have to re-dip the applicator. I don't think I'll be getting this one again, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it, but I'm sure there's someone out there who will love it...
 
 
Lips

Lipcote - I'm sure many of you will be familiar with the concept of Lipcote, so I won't blab on, but I LOVE it!! As well as being great for sealing in lipstick to last for hours, it's fantastic for keeping your brows in place all day without taking off any product. Definitely an essential...

 

Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner, 024 Red Diva - Now, the main reason why this product has come to an end is because instead of being a pencil, you twist the product up, and anyway, it broke off... It's not the easiest to apply as the products extremely soft so you can't shape the lip without it smudging everywhere! Apart from that, it's a lovely deep, blue toned red, which is beautiful when applied and is great for the Winter months. I would, however, recommend you get it in the lipstick form rather than the liner as you'll get more product with a longer life.

 

 

Ok, so that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed it and don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment