Saturday 22 June 2013

Disappointing Products | #1

Hey there :)
Like everyone, I have had my fair share of disappointing buys, so I thought I would share a few of them with you. I would like to note, however, that just because these products don't work for me, doesn't mean they won't for you, so don't take everything I say as gospel.
Ok, lets begin...
Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick, 37 Pink-a-boo
When I first swatched this I was really excited by the colour and how moisturizing it felt, but once applied, it was a different story... The colour was still a gorgeous, peachy, pink shade with golden shimmers of glitter (almost identical to the Peach Parfait Lip Butter by Revlon), but the texture was far too oily. It lasted about 10 minutes before it required touching up or had smudged onto my face, also, not long after application, I could see the products clumping and leaving me with little balls or product all over my lips... I can safely say I won't be using this again.

 

 

St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse, Medium

As some of you may already know, I'm SUPER pale so it's a bit of a task to find a tanner that doesn't leave me looking like a Willy Wonker employee. I like something that gives me a healthy, natural, believable tan, and this is far from that... Admittedly, the only reason I got it was because of it's price tag ( ), but even that wasn't worth it... To start with, the lack of care in the placement of the label didn't really give me high hopes for the product, and I was right. It comes out as a really wet, runny mousse (which needs to be applied on a mit otherwise you're left with a blob shaped stain), which is extremely hard to rub into the skin as it dries quickly and leaves you covered in streaks. Another thing is the smell, it's the typical fake tan scent, the odour of burnt biscuits...lovely! I would deffinitely recommend you stay well clear of this one, especially if you're as pale as I am!
 
 
Decleor Paris Aroma Cleanse

I really wanted to love this product, the packaging is so sleek and clean, I could just picture if standing luxuriously on the side of my bath...but it wasn't meant to be. To start with, I have quite tempremental skin, so it's hard to find something compatible, and this did me no favours at all. It's a thick cream (which could be easily mistaken for body butter) that you smother over the entire face and then remove with a warm muslin cloth/flannel. On applying the cleanser, my skin instantly became itchy with a burning sensation (I wanted to take it off as soon as possible!), and on removal it hardly removed any makeup and left my skin extremely dry and tight. And asif that wasn't enough, it caused be to have a severe break out! So all in all not really the best cleanser in the world, but don't let my opinion stop you giving it a try.
 
 
Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Concealer

I'm always on the look out for the perfect undereye concealer, and when I saw this I thought 'why not?'. It has a silver roll on applicator which is designed to massage the eye and reduce any puffyness, which actually feels quite refreshing but, however, shows little results. As I have quite dry skin, I found the formula far too dry and matte, which left me with flakey, dry patches all around the eye. On the plus side it smells lovely and fresh, almost fruity... I would probably say dry skinned folk stay well clear but those of you with a more oily skin, it would probably be a quite nice, cheap undereye concealer.

 

 

Dainty Doll Lipstick, 005 In His Kiss
Like every costmetics brand, Dainty Doll has it's good and bad products, and this is definitely one of it's weak spots... I can't speak for the entire range of colours, but the colour pay off on this has to one of the weakest I've seen in a while. Swatched on the hand it's a light rose pink, with flickers of golden shimmer, but once applied, it's almost undetecitble (you might as well wear lip balm...). I do, however, like how it sinks into the lips and stays put for hours, saving you the worry of having to check it every five minutes... It may be because I'm too pale, I dunno, but this just doesn't work for me and I wouldn't recommend this shade to anyone as pale as me.
 
 
So that's it folks, I hope you enjoyed it and I'll no doubt be back another time with some more disappointing products...
 
 
Thanks for reading x

 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post, really helpful! :) I wasn't a huge fan of the Clinique moisturizing lipsticks either, just move on my lips way too much! Enjoyed :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, I'm glad you enjoyed it :) yeah it has far too much movement and tbh it's just a more expensive lip butter by Revlon... Checked out ya blog and followed:) x

      Delete
  2. Great to now about products to stay away from!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete