Wednesday 15 May 2013

S/S Favourites | Nails

 


Rimmel Lycra Pro, 420 Aqua Cool

I love the Lycra Pro range, they have to be one of the best drugstore polishes I have ever used... To start with, the brush is a kinda spade shape, which is roughly the size of the nail so it easily glides on and leaves you with a lovely even finish. Secondly, the colour pay off is AMAZING, you only need to apply one coat (depending on how much is on the brush), which is great because it wont chip/clump due to too many layers...it's also fast drying, so you it's great for people with no patience (like me...). I love this shade, it's a gorgeous dark, pastely blue, which goes with just about anything...AND it lasts forever!
 
 
Evie Glam
I'm certainly NOT a snob when it comes to nail polish, most cheap ones are the best, and even if they're not, you can top them with a more up-market topcoat... I love this colour, it's gorgeous neon pink, which looks beautiful against tanned skin. It has quite a decent finish, and lasts about the average time expected of a polish...you only need to use two coats, but you have to wait longer than normal for it to dry as it can get a bit tacky... All in all though, it's a great polish for it's price (about £1 or under...).
 
 
Collection 200, In The Buff
I love a good old nude polish, and this one is one of my favourites... It's a gorgeous, shimmery, peachy pink, which is great for those times when you just want something subtle. It's also great for special occassions , i.e. a wedding guest or even the bride... It's not the longest lasting one I've used, and you do need two/three coats, but it does dry quite quickly and it's a goregous colour.
 
 
The Colour Workshop

This is another cheapy, but, as I said before, you can always price it up with a more up-market topcoat... It's a beautiful true red, which, once applied, warms up the appearance of the skin. It's not really that well pigmented, but once you've applied two/three coats, you're left with a gorgeous, smooth, shiny nail (and I love a good shine!). It lasts an about the average time expected for a nail polish, which is pretty good for a product that's so cheap it doesn't even have a name...

 

 

Barry M, Peach Melba

This is kinda a typical Summer shade, it's a lovely pastel peach, which, like the Collection one, is great for those subtle days. Now, my only quarm with this product is the finish, it's quite a chalky texture (which I hate), so you definitely need to use a decent topcoat if you're like me and like to shine. Other than that, it lasts a decent amount of time, and it's a gorgeous colour...

 

 

O.P.I Nail Lacquer, Tangerine Scene

As you can probably see from the image above^, this one has been well loved, and there's a good reason why... Well, to start with, It's a gorgeous colour, a lovely bright orange, which, like the Evie one, compliments a tan beautifully. Secondly, it lasts forever! You only need one/two coats as the colour's quite strong, and it dries nice and quickly. The finish, however, has kinda gone down hill now I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle, but normally you're left with a lovely, shiny, smooth finish.



Essie, Bikini So Teeny

I LOVE the Essie nail polishes, they have to be my favourite by far, and this one has to be one of my favourite shades... It's a stunning dark, pastely blue which has tiny shimmers of glitter which are almost undetectable... It dries quite quickly and leaves you with a lovely shine, and it lasts forever!

 

 

 

So, that was the final post in the S/S Favourite Series, I hope you enjoyed it. As always, don't hestitate to leave me a comment :)

 

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment