Sunday 12 May 2013

S/S Favourites | Eyes

 

 

 

The MUA Palettes

 

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the poor condition that the Undress Me Too palette is in, when it was delivered the darkest shade was completely smashed and stained everything!! It took me ages to restore the shadows back to their original state, it's safe to say I was NOT a happy bunny...anyway, let's talk about why they're my essentials for this time of year...

To begin with, I LOVE palettes, they're great value for money, extremely handy and a fast way to build up your collection. These two are a couple of my favourites in my collection, they're also my most reached for at this time of year, they have all the shades I need to get me through... The majority of the shades have gold undertones and are jammed packed with shimmer, they're the perfect shades to help create that beautiful, bronzed, summer look...they're also fuss free, perfect!

 

 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow, Bulletproof Beige

Yeah, yeah, I know these have been mentioned just about EVERYWHERE on the beauty blogger scene, but they have to be the easiest and quickest way to get beautiful eyes, you just put a bit on the lid and blend it all over, simple! You can even use it on the water line, in the inner corner of the eyes or even on the cheeks to give you a gorgeous, golden glow... I warn you, though, a small amount goes a long way, so there's no need to over do it...
 
 
Rimmel Scandaleyes, Nude
If, like me, you're obsessed with big, bright eyes, then this is a must have... When you swatch it, it's a dark beige, but once applied on the waterline, it's the exact colour of the waterline, only brighter. I would advise you not to apply more than two coats, otherwise it can be a bit cakey, and you don't want any lumpy bits (never a good look!)...
 
 
MaxFactor Masterpiece Liquid Eyeliner

On those days when I want something quick and easy, or I want to rock a bright lip with minimal eyes, I turn to this little gem... I normally HATE applying liquid liners, I find it extremely difficuilt to use the brushes they come with, and the bottle's too narrow to fit your own in, but this has made it SO much easier... It's basically just like using a pen, so you have all the control you need to create a smooth, even line. The intensity of the colour is extremely good for a felt tip like liner, and, I've had this one for a while now and it hasn't dried up at all (great!). It also has great staying power, so you don't need to worry about cracking or smudging in anyway...



Mascara

Rimmel Sexy Curves - This has been a firm favourite of mine for many years, it's great for creating natural, flirty lashes, so it's perfect for those days when you're going for minimal, natural look. It also lasts well under hotter conditions, and it doesn't smudge or move about too much, so you don't have to obsess about checking up on it, and lets face it, no-one's got time for that...

 

Lo'Real Extra-Volume Collagene Waterproof Mascara - This mascara's great for a more dramatic/night look, it's extremely voluminsing and great for building up, without leaving any clumps or seperating the lashes. As it's waterproof, it lasts well in the heat, has no movement what so ever, and is also great for anyone who suffers from hayfever...

 

Maybelline The Rocket Vollum' Express - By now, I'm sure you all now how much I love this mascara, so there was no way I was going to leave it out of my S/S favourites... Much like the Lo'Real one, it's great for building, without seperating or leaving clumps, however, it doesn't leave you with quite as dramatic lashes as the Lo'Real one, it's just a happy medium between that and the one by Rimmel. It too hold well in the heat, however, the longer I've had it, the move it moves, so you will need to check it from time to time, but it's nothing to worry too much about.

 

 

So, that was the second to last in the S/S Favoutites. Keep an eye out for the last in the series, and, as always, don't hestitate to leave a comment...

:)

 

 

Thanks for reading x

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment