Friday 26 April 2013

S/S Favourites | Skin

So, firstly I would like to apologise for the lateness of this post...I've been away for a few days and haven't had the availible software...anyway, here's the second of my S/S favourites, and today it's all about skin...enjoy!

 

I love it when the sun's shining...who doesn't, right? The only downfall is, you have to spend more time on your skin routine...I know, whatta a drag, right?...Anyway, here's a few of my favourites for this dreaded time of year...

 

Almond Body Gloss

When I fist got this, I wasn't entirely sure what to think...the texture is extremely greasy (a bit like them spray cooking oils you can get) which kinda put me off, but despite it getting on everything, It leaves you with a gorgeous, subtle shimmer... When in use, I only really apply it in areas I'll be getting out (legs and arms) as I find my clothes kinda stick to the greasyness (not good)...non the less, It looks gorgeous, especially in the sun light and it smells AMAZING!!... So, if you can handle being greasy for a beautiful shimmer, then I would definitely reccomend it...

 
 
Glow Lotion
I absolutely LOVE this product!! I apply it after I've shaven my legs, then wait a few minutes for it to settle in...it leaves your legs with a kinda airbrushed finish, almost looks as if you were wearing tights (so it's perfect for when you need a pair at short notice)... It's also super moisturizing, so as well as looking flawless, your pins will be beautiful and soft...definitely a summer must have!
 
 
Body Butter
Everyone and their grandmother uses this product, and there's a very good reason why...
Firstly, it has to be the most moisturizing body moisturizer I have EVER used!! You only need to use a small amount (unlike other moisturizers I've used before) and you get super moisture and a beautiful soft finish. I find it works literally everywhere, in fact, I often use it to moisturize my face, which leaves you with a perfect, smooth, flake free base for foundation. Another thing I love is the way it smells (which is their signature the 'pink' scent), It's like summer in a tub!!
 
 
Girligo Body Mist
This is much like the Almond Body Gloss, it leaves you with a gorgeous, subtle shimmer wherever you apply it, and you can apply it EVERYWHERE!! Unlike the Body Gloss, it has a more creamy texture, so it's not gonna make your clothes stick to your body... It also leaves your skin with a soft, smooth finish (which is always a bonus!), AND it hydrates the skin, which is perfect for those days when you're feeling a little on the dry side... I would definitely reccomend this one!!
 
 
Garnier Ambre Solaire
I've mentioned this one previously in a 'Empties' post, so you can tell how much I love it...
I'm someone with extremely pale skin, so I don't want anything that's going to make a drastic change, I just want a natural, glowing, believable tan, and this is perfect for that... It's intended for applying straight from the can to save time, but I find it best to use a mit, otherwise you're left with streaks all over (never a good look!)...it also has a lovely fruity scent, which is a nice change from the usual burnt biscuit smell you get from other tans... You've probably been wondering why would I need to use a tanning product when it's summer...well, firstly, British weather isn't exactly the most reliable, and secondly, I don't tan, I just burn... So, if you're like me, this is the perfect summer tan in a can!
 

 

 

 

Rimmel Sun Shimmer

This has also been mentioned in a previous post, so you should know by now how much of a fan I am...

Now, this one is a little different from the Ambre Solaire as it has tiny glitter particles, which gives your skin a beautiful, bronzed, shimmering finish. It is, however, very similar in the intensity of the colour, it's just a little darker than the Ambre Solaire, but it's still very subtle and natural looking (perfect!)... This is, however, more for using for those summer nights out as it only lasts 24 hours (bummer!)...oh well, you can't have it all...

 

 

Duck Island Moisturizer, Mandarin & Bergamot

Now, I got this in Glossybox a few months back, and I fell absolutely head over heels!!...Firstly, I was blown away by the smell, I mean...WOW!! It's a gorgeous mixture of mandarin and bergamot, which I'll admit, I aren't that too familiar with, the only way I can describe it as is lemon curd (yum!)...secondly, it's amazingly moisturizing!! It left my skin ultra soft and free from any flakey bits (just what I need!)... It is, however, quite watery (unlike other moisturizers I've used before...), so you have to be careful when getting it from the bottle...

 

 

Benefit Bathina

Yep, another moisturizer, but believe me, it's worth it...

This is another great leg product, I use it straight after shaving and leave it a few moments to settle into the skin...it leaves them kinda silk like to touch, which makes me feel kinda womanly (LOL!)... Unlike some of the other moisturizers I have mentioned, it doesn't really have a great smell...I mean it's not bad, it just smells like an unscented tub of cream, which is kinda boring... It's just a great post-shave product which leaves you with irrisistable silky pins...perfect if you're getting them out!

 

 

That's it for this one, I promise the next one will be much quicker...please, don't be scared to leave a comment to let me know some of your favourites...

Thanks for reading x

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment