Monday 25 February 2013

Most and Least Favourites of the Week

Loves

Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer

So, this week I've been taking a rest from liquid foundation and started using powder...also this week I was given this Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer, which with my new powder craze, works a charm! After moisturising I apply just a small amount (about a pea size) all over the face then continue with concealer and powder... So far I love this product!! It's different than most primers in the fact that it's a jelly rather than a cream but I find it nicer as it doesn't give me that kinda sticky feeling ya get from cream, instead it feels dry and makes my skin feel ultra smooth. It sits under foundation beautifully and looks as if your skin is lit from within, yet with a powder it gives you a kinda flawless yet natural look. As well as that, it keeps everything in place all day. The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell... It's a smell I can't quite describe, but it's not nice...

 

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara

Wow, I absolutely love this mascara!! Its the first one I've had that doesn't give me panda eyes at the slightest bit of moister...in fact, it's staying power is so strong that one night I forgot to remove my make up and in the morning it was still there with hardly any smudges!!

Unlike other large wands, this one separates lashes beautifully, but obviously, the more product you apply the more they clump. Saying that, however, it is great to build up and leaves lashes relatively separated...defiantly urge you all to purchase this one!

 

Hates

Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts - In His Kiss

'Capture the ladylike magnetism of your favourite 40s screen sirens with my selection of ultra-feminine, long-lasting lipsticks. Soon to be your handbag essential, I’ve selected just five eye-popping shades, each one enriched with moisturising meadow foam seed oil for pure pout perfection. Classic vintage beauty has never been so easy to achieve!' - Dainty Doll describe their range of lipstick

Ok, so this is the first ever Nicola Roberts product i've purchased and most probably the last... I was so excited by the 50's/60's inspired names such as 'It's My Party' and 'Baby Love' that I had to have something from the range...and I chose this...'In His Kiss'.

It's intended to be a lovely soft pink shade, but it's barely a shade... Swatched on my hand it's quite a nice kinda sheer pinky/peachy shade and seems alright to build up, but on the lips it's another story... It was basically just my natural lip colour, with the tiniest bit of shimmer...and i flaked...i flaked badly. Considering it's meant to be 'moisturizing', I was left with hideous, dry, flakey lips which were only highlighted by the shimmer... I can safely say this won't be my handbag staple anytime soon!

 

Decleor Paris Aroma Cleanse

I really didn't get along with this product at all. In fact, I would go as far as to say I hate it... Strong words I know, but I really do! It's a cleanse and polish mousse (but it's more like a body butter) that you rub into your skin then wash off with a warm muslin cloth or flannel...It's apparently meant to give you 'hydro-radiance' and leave you all smooth skinned, but it didn't. It left my skin feeling dry and caused a massive breakout which I did NOT appriciate!! The muslin cloths came with the product, along with a white bag to keep it all in...just like below...

I will says this for it though, I did quite enjoy the scent...it's like that shampoo they use the hairdressers, which to me is just heaven!...I dunno, maybe I'm giving up to soon or perhaps not even using it right...I would love to hear your opinion on the subject...

 

 

Most Used Product of the Week - Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

I absolutely LOVE the Revlon lip butters!! As someone with super dry lips, I love how moisturising they are, and they don't leave you with those dry, flakey bits you get with normal lipsticks. I think this colour has to be my favourite so far as i find it suits my skin tone and is just a gorgeous colour... I will definitely be getting this shade again...along with the rest of the collection!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment