Thursday 3 July 2014

I Love To Be Nude...


 
Nudes to me scream glamour and sophistication. From smouldering sexy to pretty girl next door, they have the power to tie together almost every look imaginable with total class. For me, nudes are my safety zone, they're what I fall back on when I'm lacking imagination but want to look good. Be it a fashion item or makeup, I probably don't go a day without throwing in a nude and these are the ones I've been loving at the moment...
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
Necklace, ASOS - I'm  not really a big jewellery wearer, I always feel a bit OTT when I'm draped in jewels but, if I'm going to wear anything it's a necklace. I think there's some beautiful statement pieces available today, and although I love a statement necklace, I fell in love when I saw this. It's a delicate, lightweight necklace that sits just below that holey bit on the neck (the bit where they'd be an Adams apple if you were a man). It's really easy and comfortable to wear and adds a touch of femininity to any outfit.
 
Bow, ASOS - I have a split personality when it comes to fashion, one day I'll crave glamorous, womanly clothing and then others the little girl inside me screams for all things cute and girly and as you can probably tell, this one is for the latter. I normally wear it on top of a pony tail or I'll take the top section of hair and slide in the back, much like a Zooey Deschanel hair do... It's really easy to clip in and it stays put all day without feeling like it's going to fall out (urgh, I hate that!). A fun little addition to any girl’s accessories collection.
 
Sunglasses, ASOS - Now these have quite a lot of hate towards them, not by me, but by my friends and family (especially my boyfriend). It seems every time I wear them I get told I look like an elderly woman or streams of mocking laughter, but this hasn't deterred me. I love these glasses, I love the vintage cat flick shape and the fact that the frames look a bit like frosted glass rather than the typical opaque, shiny finish you see on other sunglasses. This summer I'll be wearing them with bride, despite what everyone else might think...
 
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm, Complex - These are the newest edition in the Revlon Colorburst family, they're the same kind of deal as the others except they're matte which means you get a more pigmented, opaque veil of colour with more staying power. Although they have some beautiful bright shades, at the time I was set on a matte nude and discovered Complex which is a peachy nude. It glides on the lip like velvet and feels really nourishing but it DOES begin to flake after a few hours so I like to dap a bit on the lip and then blend it in with my finger, which acts more a like a stain than a lipstick. It's not your typical matte as it isn’t completely flat, it has almost undetectable shimmer running through to give the lip a bit more life. The only thing I don't like it the trade mark scent of the Colorburts products, it's like a really strong menthol smell, a bit like smearing a Polo on your lips...
 
M.A.C, Patisserie - I don't really feel I need to explain why I love this so much, it's a much loved product by the beauty community and has many reviews on it so you're probably all sick of hearing about it. For me it's just the most perfect, it goes with any look and enhances the natural lip, making them look nourished and kissable. It is without a doubt one of my staple lip products and will be for a very long time.
 
Heeled Sandal, ASOS - Summer footwear is kind of a pain in the arse for me, flat sandals make my feet look ginormous, wedges make me feel clumsy and heels make me feel too dressy but these are my perfect summer shoe. They have a slight heel which gives the foot a sex shape but they still have a really nice, casual feel to them. The strap rests just on the ankle bone and has an adjustable band so it fits perfectly for you and they DON'T make your ankles look enormous! They're really comfortable to wear and go with just about anything, a real summer staple.
 
 
Thanks for reading x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment