Wednesday 26 February 2014

Creations | Art Update

So as some of you may already know, I like art. I like looking at it, talking about it, and, most importantly, doing it. For a while I gave up the will due to serious doubts about my abilities, I was constantly comparing myself to other artists and obsessing over every little detail, everything I did had to be perfect and if I didn't think it was perfect, it would end up in the trash. Lately, however, I've come to terms with the fact that although I may not be the best in the world, I'm not the worst, I've learnt to let the little things go and I now have a much more relaxed attitude towards the subject, which ultimately makes the process much more enjoyable.

To keep you in the loop, I thought I'd share with you a few little bits I've done lately, and once seen, I think you'll be able to pick up on a certain theme...I LOVE ANIMALS!!

 

 

 
 
"Pete the Pigeon" - prismacolor
 
 
"Robyn, Alex's Robin" - Prismacolor
 
 

 

 
"Pheobe Pheasant" - Pen
 
 
"Stanley Stag" - Pen
 
 
"Balwin the Bald Eagle" - Prismacolour
 
 
"Papa Penguin" - Lino Print
 
 
 
As you can probably tell, I'm very much at a stage of experimenting with different styles and materials, which is intentional, experimenting gives me a chance to pin point my strengths and weaknesses and to make me an all round better artist. I also think that restricting yourself to one particular medium takes the fun out of art, you need to push yourself into trying new things, the results are often not what you expected...

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment